Thursday, April 29, 2010

iPad: Taska app reviewed

First off, if you have been following my blog, and if you haven't been why the heck not, you will know that I have been reviewing and looking for a really good task management app and I believe I have found it.

Taska is a task pad, put simply. It allows you to organize and manage your tasks, and also supports projects, which themselves can have sub tasks. This is something that all of the other apps I reviewed were missing, the ability to make my own category, and then add tasks to it. I use this to manage my staff and have what tasks they are working on, the priority of the tasks according to that staff member and the due date for the tasks.

I haven't got all of the kinks out yet, its only day 3, but the main dashboard/landing pad where the app opens is also awesome as it shows what is due or overdue right up top, along wih items that are coming up soon.

A friend of mine tells me I am too negative on my blog, but I tell it how I see it, so on to the bad things about the app. There aren't many, and really they are quite small, but you cant move a task once it has been added. If I need to reassign a task to someone else, I have to re-enter it (Edit: Yes you can, one of my collegues read this and showed me how).

Also would be good if the system would automatically hide completed tasks, or at least provide a filter that would hide completed tasks. The problem being that tasks that have a due date that are complete, still show above tasks that have no complete date...

No comments: