Sunday, April 18, 2010

iPad: tesla wars reviewed

Ok so if you know what a Tesla coil is, then you understand the basic premise of this game already. If you don't go look it up, we'll wait for you to get back.

So yes, Tesla did invent the battery, and he had some pretty interesting ideas on how to use that stored energy, the primary one being a coil which could discharge a lightning bolt and fry people. Old time gamers will remember this from command and concur. Nothing took out those double tanks as fast as a Tesla coil..

In this game you are the coil, fending off the hordes of unruly stick people who want to ... Break your fence. This brings a new meaning to get off my lawn, and is really amusing, thigh completely pointless. Gavyn really enjoyed it up until level 10, after which he was overwhelmed by the stick people and gave up. I on the other hand managed to get to level 15 before the chainsaw wielding lunatics over rand my carefully placed mines, airstrikes, and xray lazor beams.

This game is fast to pick up, and wildly addictive, it will be added to my arsenal of, I have 15 minutes before the next meeting, games that is for sure.

What about you? What games have you been staring at for the last two weeks?

1 comment:

Stefan DesRosiers said...

I haven't bought the full version of this, but if the author would like I'll happily review it completely.