Thursday, April 15, 2010

iPad: it does more than I thought it would... I probably should have waited for 3G

When I originally bougt the iPad I was really looking for a video player wi a big screen for my time on the bus. I commute from nj to ny every day, and that 1 - 2 hour each direction commute is a lot easier to deal wih when you have something to do.

I figured the iPad would be better than an arches 7 because it had a bigger screen and the app store. Say what you will about the app store and Apple's sometimes archaic methods for accepting applications, but the app store contains an almost limitless source of ideas and functionality that makes the iPad a truly amazing device.

That being said, if I knew what I know now, hind sight being 20/20 I would have waited for the 3 g model. The additional functionality, even at the surcharge and monthly cost would be worth it. If however you spend time in an environment that has wifi, ie at home and at work you have wifi, then I wouldn't bother. My office, as I have lam tended in several posts in the past, does not have wifi, so it does hinder how much I can get done making the 3G version that much more enticing.

What about you? Do you wish you bought the 3G version? Or are you happy you jumped on the iPad boat early?

No comments: