Sunday, April 4, 2010

iPad: Abc app reviewed

Ok, now granted it's the second day, but some aps hit the mark and some missed ever so slightly... The abc player is cool, let's you watch your shows on abc! Wis hulu had one, since abc is one of their share holders you wonder why they don't, but anyways the application it self is cool, quality is very good, it acts
Just like their web site and allows you to review the shows, find one, watch it etc. Once you start watching it let's you switch to landscape format but there are a couple of thugs wrong with it..

In full daylight it doesn't. Compensate at all like the native iPad does, it's impossible to watch tv in sunlight on that particular app... Maybe all of them, stay tuned...
The commercials were pixilated, who cares right? Well they should, makes them look cheap and wrong on such a crisp clean device... It was actually very distracting when watching them, to the point where I don't remember the commercial at all, just the pixilation. Now this is something I have also noticed on hulu, so it might just be a symptom of new technology and apathy on the part of the advertising community...

If you have to leave the show for whatever reason it remembers where you are, but unlike hulu I can't tag a series as something I care about so that I can be reminded when I come back later that there is a new episode... I have a horrible memory, for just about everything, so having something remember what shows li like and show me when there is a new episode so I don't have to remember...

Over all a good app, does the minimum it should and I am sure with later versions they will make it a little friendlier to use.

No comments: