Sunday, April 11, 2010

iPad: logmein for the pad?

So I'm getting ready to completely screw myself this week,,,, going to bring only my ipad on a trip to Florida for a convention. Preparing for that, I got logmein on a trial basis to see if I could connect to my computer at home from work, and that went swimmingly. From e house computer I can then VPN into work and have access to whatever I want. It's pretty slow, but it will work...

Logmein its self is excellent as a tool, allows you to do everything you could want. You can do everything in the application that you can do in safari, pinching to zoom, the keyboard is excellent, there is an extent ion to show special keys like the function keys etc. I'll write a more complete review on my return from my trip, but I am really looking forward to traveling carrying a 1 lb, laptop around and no paper work... Now if only I could find an apple case somewhere!!!!

Its not all sunshine and roses, i did notice on my brief tour from the iPad was that the mouse is disconnected from where you touch, you have to drag the mouse cursor around. It would be a lot easier to use if the mouse cursor would just snap to wherever you are touching.

Anyways I will give you a more complete review once I have a couple of hours under my belt.

No comments: