Monday, April 19, 2010

iPad: darkflow reviewed

This app was another of the free games out there designed to help you while away many an hour in the airport, and I have to say, it fails... The controls are counter intuitive, the graphics remind me of those horrible games we all grew up with, despite being 3 D this "space" game is all about flying around the devastated remains of earth and tractor beaming up little balls.

You have to constantly maintain your vertical thrust, and tilting the iPad controls the direction you fly in. A monumentally frustrating game that you can't take your eyes off of for a second or you crash, this really is not worh the trouble of downloading. Thankfully it is free, or I would really be upset...

2 comments:

giles said...

Hi Stefan,

sorry you found DarkFlow frustrating. I'm currently working on the next version which I hope will address some of the issues you found.

For example, there's going to be an optional autopilot which keeps you hovering above ground if you take your hands off the controls.

thanks for the review. Being in the UK I've not had a chance to try my own game on an iPad yet ;-)

Giles

Stefan DesRosiers said...

Well let me know when the new version comes out and i would be happy to review it again.