Friday, April 9, 2010

iPad: Wifi issues abound.

So looks like I spoke too soon about not having any issues with my ipad and the wifi, today everything was normal, all apps were working fine I was in the app store and playing around, then decided to kill an hour and go watch a show on ABC's app.

Pull up V and start watching it and 5 minutes in it hangs. I reboot the ipad, and try again, the ABC app won't even launch anymore, it just sits at the start here screen. I then went to the app store, and it lagged out, and couldn't load. Reboot the device, turn off the wifi, turn it all back on again and try again and nothing that has anything to do with the internet doesn't want to work well. Utube is slow, app store is slow, loading GOOGLE is slow ffs...

The ABC app seems to have broken my apple ipad... Now even sitting next to the hotspot I only get two bars whenever a web app is open. Close everything and get back to the desktop, and wham full bars.... I hope that this isn't a permenant situation, but if it is, ABC's going to get a strongly worded email...

As jenn pointed out I am not American yet, so I can't sue... But dammit I want to...

EDIT: after leaving the iPad off for a couple of hours, and by off I mean well and truly off not the sleep mode... Hold the hold button and home button together for 10 seconds and it shuts down... It seems to be back to normal,nbut I am really hesitant to use the abc app now...

No comments: