Monday, April 12, 2010

iPad: Netflix app reviewed

Of course since Netflix is free I a reviewing it, but it is really lacking right now. Managing your queue is hit or miss, I accidentally delete something because it was highlighted when I clicked delete on the item I wanted to delete, then I couldn't undo the deletion as you can on Line...

So don't manage your queue, alright, we were watching a movie and it crashed a total of 6 times during the movie, whenever I moved, or jenn moved, the app would crash. Changing screen orientation, crash, try and zoom by double tapping or pinching, crash... Once inside of a move there does not seem to be a clean way to get back to browsing, you can of course just pinch, double tap, change orientation, or click the home button to get out in a hurry...

It does what it should do, you can stream video to the pad, and search for things to watch, as long as you dont mind repeating yourself repeatedly... Dont do any intensive deep dive searches that will be hard to replicate, the general instability of it is really annoying. Looking forward to a patch soon that makes it more stable.

No comments: