Thursday, May 27, 2010

iPad: Popplet lite app

The Popplet app was interesting to me because it is a thought diagram.. I was using it to lay out a web site I am working on in my "spare" time. Decision flows, screen layouts, it does it all.

You could use it to create an org chart, just about anything. The one major weakness that I found was that you can only have one board in the lite version. I know that the creators are working very hard on a web site that will allow you to share the boards with others, but only being able to create one board at a time is very limiting in its usefulness.

I didn't want to show my web site to a friend when showing off this app so I had to clear all and start a new one, this of course is less than desirable as I lost all my work on the site as a result.

When working with Popplet you can create new popplets (little boxes) and enter text, update it to store an image, draw something free hand or change the color of the popplet so that it will call attention to its self. The UI is very intuitive and makes full use of the ipads touch screen capabilites. Organizing and arranging your ideas is really straight forward and a pleasure. Being able to share the popplet, and store more than one of them will be a must, after which this will be a really first rate application.

No comments: