Sunday, May 23, 2010

iPad: iPad as a book reader?

So some people were concerned about how easy it would be to read a book on the iPad, and I know I touched on this a month or so ago, but having now read 16 books on my iPad I can comfortably say it is a true joy. There is nothing like having the iPad remember what page you were on, on any of the 15-20 books you may have open. Get tired of this topic, move on to another book and come back later... No dog ears to worry about on your first edition book... Of course, no first edition book either.

What will libraries of the future hold? Will we have digital libraries instead of physical? Will you "library" at home consist of a comfy chair and a spare iPad? I for one am not overly concerned, I have given away more books than I have kept, and though I went through highscholl reading a book a day from our library I have not been in one since.

Reading on the pad is natural and easy, full light, no light, it's all the same to the pad. I am sltill looking for some way to keep finger prints off the screen, the screen protector I bought, other than being a complete failure and having hair and bubbles in it, was just as prone to finger prints as the flat screen. I was however less worried about rubbing it with the nearest cloth to get them off...:)

No comments: