Wednesday, May 26, 2010

iPad: Dizzypad HD

Dizzy pad is, well, dizzying in its play style. You are a frog who has to jump from one spinning lily pad to the next. If you can jump over one pad to the one after it, without falling in the water of course, you get an extra life.

Time your jump to hit one of the dragon flies flying by, and land on a lily pad and you get another life. When I first played this game I was intensly frustrated and adicted to it, wanting to get multiple lives and jump as far as possible. Once I got the hang of it though, it quickly got very boring. The lite version only allows for playing of one level and its basically one that lets you keep jumping until you run out of lives.

Not much point, other than getting a high score, and once I realized that all I was doing was jumping until I could jump no more, I lost interest. There are other "levels" that you can unlock for $1.99, none of which I bothered with. Given that they are all a similar concept I don't know that I would pay $2 for a never ending game of frog jumping.

No comments: