Saturday, December 5, 2009

PC dies an untimely death, man mourns its loss...

Well as most of my friends know, I am a hard core WOW fan.. Its basically my only hobby, and so when my computer started acting up, I started sweating... Its been two weeks since our raids have gone off, and so wtih the raid last night a little sketchy I was feeling shitty that I couldn't get online.

The pc was freezing, and causing BSOD periodically. After a restart it would sometimes start up, sometimes not. I went and got a windows 7 cd thinking maybe that would solve things, um no.. it looked like it but didn't last more than 15 minutes before the PC crashed again.

I took it apart, took out the video card and blew some compressed air on it. blew out everything else, let it cool off and tried again. Now it doesn't even get into the windows is loading please wait... Jenn talked me into going to Best buy to take a look at what a computer costs.. I didn't want to go because I knew I wouldn't leave without a computer... and sure enough, here I am typing on my brand new dell inspiron... they aren't that expensive when you don't need anything but the tower... Now comes the hours long task of downloading and installing wow, and trying to recover all my documents and pictures from the old shell...

We don't think it will happen to us, but it does. So find some regular routine that backsup everything that is important to you, either to DVD, one of those online upload cloud computing sites, or a USB drive, but do it before your computers magic blue smoke escapes like mine did...

1 comment:

LeShayne said...

Check out Mozy - it's cheap and does the backing up automatically. My husband is a huge WOW fan too...I am just not a gamer but it must have some powers of addiction as he too would have to replace to make sure he did not miss a great raid.

- LeShayne (Jenns friend)