Monday, December 7, 2009

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Day 6 and 7

Well week 1 is down, and time for the weigh in... Drum roll please...

Weight: 200 lbs...

Seems anticlimatic but I will continue, I have already noticed I had more energy and its easier to get through the exercises so I'll hang in there. Keep in mind I am only doing the exercise routine, I am not following any kind of diet so that probably isn't helping... Hotdogs in speghetti sauce covered in cheese and a large helping of brownie bar and ice cream will likely slow things down.

So Day 6, sunday, Fat me won the argument with Skinny me and when the alarm went off at 6 am they both silently agreed that it would be stupid to get up and exercise. We normally sleep till 10, sometimes even later on sunday. It really is our day of rest. However, before Fat me could wake up, skinny me was downstairs at 8 cursing the skinny bitches on the TV who make it look easy. One thing that occured to me is the importance of breathing. If you want to make it through, pay attention to Jillian and breath properly. Inhaling while doing an ab work out hurts like hell and makes it about impossible to complete.

Day 7: Monday, back to schedule. Alarm went off at 5am, got downstairs and completed the work out. Having some trouble with the lunges due to bad knees, but other than that breezing through the exercises. Less swearing, no lingering pain from the last days workout. Starting to think I should move to cycle 2 sooner than 10 days, someone talk me out of it. One thing I wish they would do is tell you where you should feel it, sometimes when I am doing the lunges I only feel it in one leg, sometimes in both so I am probably not doing it right, would be nice if they told you where you should be feeling it as a guide.

No comments: