Tuesday, August 17, 2010

StarCraft 2: Spank or be Spanked

So for the first time that I have been playing I ran into someone friendly in the multi player, they started out by wishing me a good game, and then telling me how they have got their actions per minute up to 40 with macros everywhere... obviously, this guy was a 15 year old who was all about star craft... he kicked my ass in less than 10 minutes...

It seems that the game is really a spank or be spanked situation... if you wait too long to attack its almost impossible to get through, or its mutual anihilation... the key seems to be to attack as soon as you can gather a couple of units together, and just keep attacking... You also then get to see what the apponents strategy is, theres no sense in having an army of ground troops if they are airborne... makes you getting owned a pretty definite thing.. My last game yesterday I ended with 25k in minerals and 10k in gas, and I still lost... I ran out of supply space because I had too many marines, and not enough air combat... though the marines would have done me fine if I had stim packs... sigh.

No comments: