Friday, August 20, 2010

iPad: Hulu plus day 1

So what to say about hulu plus... How about it's unstable and damn annoying? Every time you "leave" the app and return, you have to sit through the this presentation is brought to you by exlax... That's pretty funny if you think about it... Take exlax, and you would need frequent commercial interruptions... I digress.

So yeah hulu... I rate it a one out of five right now. To watch a 45 minute tv show I had to restart the app 6 times, and my wifi died twice.. You may remember my abc post about how it was g my wifi connection, well hulu is doing it too. What els is wrong with it? The ui is horrible, you can't subscribe to anything so if you are browsing through and see something you like, you better have a pen and paper handy because there is no way to bookmark something for later consumption...

Browsing is alright, but the content is a bizarre mix of 70 tv shows to releases from this week... There doesn't seem to be any sort of organization involved.. Now granted, I haven't used the hulu site much other than to subscribe to shows I know I want to watch so the site might be just as bad, but I'm not impressed so far. It was nice to see all the seasons of lost, but I am not sure I will be able to find them again... (someone will undoubtedly point out that there is a search feature... Back off, i'm trying to make a point)

Now with my luck, the little check box at the bottom of the terms and conditions says I can't talk about hulu, but since I am paying them for the privilege of being a beta tester I figure f em... Oh and also, there's no way to provide feedback from within the app, like hey my iPad crashed five times you want to do something about that?

I do loves me my ipad though... Was in the middle of a show, gavyn called me, hit pause and walked into the other room to see what he wanted...sat down and finished watching the show... Portable tv ftw... No more Ned for 5 tvs in the house, just carry your iPad with you from room to room...

No comments: