Thursday, August 19, 2010

iPad: Hulu Plus First thoughts

Hulu plus came out awhile back, and its basically in open beta by invite only so I put my name on the list. My invite finally came through and my first thought was, wtf, I have to pay to be on your Beta? That aside, I'll post some more thoughts on it after I have reviewed some of the features.

For those of you saying, why did you sign up for it, its crap. No one knows that yet, but I'll be sure and let you know if it does... I don't watch ANY live tv. I hate sports, well hate is a strong word, but to most peoples amazement I don't even watch Hockey unless the Canadians or Detroit Red Winks are in the playoffs.. Don't ask about detroit, the reason for that is retiring this year so I won't have to watch them anymore either...;)

I am also blessed (?) by the fact that I have very few friends due to being socially retarded, and as a result no one says "OMG did you see so and so borked so and so on Glee?!?! I can't believe she's preggers." and so I can happily watch new to me episodes on Hulu a month later and still enjoy them...:) Oh and without hulu plus, I can't use the pad, which hey, thats one of the main reasons to get it....

Begining expectations:

1. I can watch any season of any show that is on hulu, making netflix obsolete.
2. I can watch a show as soon as it goes live over the air
3. I don't get commercials (I know this expectation is wrong...)
4. My videos no longer expire if I don't watch them
5. I can watch on the ipad, my phone, whatever.... Next question is, can I watch it on my iPhone while tethered to my BB... shh don't tell my boss.

That's really all my expectations. Once I have reality to bounce against those expectations I'll be sure and let all of you know what the results are....:)

No comments: