Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Report card time!


Well its that time of the year. Report cards are coming in to mixed reviews, and mixed feelingd from the boys. Good old gavyn couldn't care less, kyle wants us to see it and tristens mysteriously did not come home.. Might have had something to do with the intervention that happened...

We have a cash for grades policy at our house. I feel weird about it, like I shpuld defend it, but the real world repays you for your hard work (upper management aside, still not sure what the deal is there) so why should I not pay my kids for doing well. My parents paid me and my brother for grades, 5$ for 80, 10$ for 90, and 20$ for 95+. I only got the 20 twice, once for graduating highschool with 98 in math.

Kyle was anxious to show his reportcard because he got 45% in science, since he studied the wrong thing for the final exam. I did something similar in my final year, got 50% on my first math test because I reversed the logic used... I was so mad that I aced everything, literally I got 100 on everything, every test, assignment even the gouvernment run final exam. Hopefully kyles mistake will spurn him as well, only time will tell!

Have I mentioned we are going to disney world? February for kyles birthday we are going for a week. My sweatheart found the deal and we booked it, hindsight being what it is, we prolly should have booked it to leave from mtl and not lga... Now I will have to drive to mtl, pick them up, drive back to nj. Get the plane, pretend to have fun, then do it again at the end of the trip. 24++ hours of driving in a week... Got to be a better way...

Still no joy on the house, talking about renting it out, but we would be losing 500 a month if we did, so not sure about that whole scene...

1 comment:

Cool Ranch Luke said...

"My parents paid me and my brother for grades, 5$ for 80, 10$ for 90, and 20$ for 95+."

Gee, wish I'd known about THAT...