Thursday, November 6, 2008

No traffic is a wonderful thing...


10 am day two, slept later than I wanted to and was more than a little worried about the traffic situation heading into NY at this time of the day. I've been commuting for 8 weeks now and have been pretty lucky on that score, only about 4 times has the commute been horrible...

Spoke to my wife this morning, her staying up late to keep me company meant she was almost late getting the boys out the door. I don't know how she does it... I can barely get my unorganized self out the door in 45 minutes, nevermind finishing off homework, feeding 3 hungry kids, preparing lunch for 2 of them, gathering all their relevant belonging, remembering if it is a gym day or not, and bundling them all off to the bus without one of the dogs escaping... Truly amazing.

So we're selling our house, but there is 0 interest in the market right now. Its a small bungalo on a double sized lot, across the street from a river (no flood insurance required) and backs onto a provincial park so we have basically only one neighbor for the kids/dogs to annoy. My american friends can't understand why it won't sell... I just wish it would so I can get my life back.

Have I mentioned that what I consider me life is my wife and kids, the dogs play a big roll too, I can certainly do without the cats... I miss them all, my 13 year ols is responsible for the random piles of leaves down the street on the way to the bus, wife and I were wondering who was dumping leaves in the park, turns out someone was just organizing them.

My oldest is by far the worst off of my boys. He was born wheb I was 18, and I have treated him, and still do though I am working on it, more as a little brother than a son. Sure I teach him manners etc, they were pounded into me and my brother drill seargent style by our dad so much do that I correct other peoples children, much to my wifes annoyance....

Bus trip over, more ramblings tonight

No comments: