Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Comb overs, seriously who are you kidding?


Comb overs, spray on hair, hair implants, all sad. I feel really sorry for people who lie to themselves. Its totally ok to lie to others when its worth it, but you should never lie to yourself.

Going bald is a fact of life for some of us, I am 5 years away from a fuzzy toilet seat and have a pact with my wife that if I ever start dressing strange, or combing over, that she will take me out back and shoot me. Interestingly enough, she didn't make the same deal, wonder why...

But seriously, people who comb over in the morning are really trying to fool themselves not us... My dad, to this day, maintains that when he used to comb over he couldn't tell he was bald, because it looks the same in the mirror, yeah ok pull my other leg so I don't have to limp home...

Similar but funnier is women who pad their bras... Are you hoping that by the time the bra comes off the guy is going to be too distracted to notice that your boobs went with it? There I suppose its more of a wanting to be noticed problem than lying to yourself, but still sad.

You are who you are, you can enhance yourself in all kinds of ways, but you should dtrive to be happy within yourself before going to those extremes.. And going through anything like that for someone else is insane, no one is worth that.

So Tristen, yes not son num 2 anymore, plays world of warcraft as well as me. He also knows that if he wants to talk to me, he can fairly reliably find me online and bug me there. He comes on the other day and wants to use my email adress to sign up for some game or other. I already get enough spam so I cleverly say "ask your mother if you can use hers", besides at least she can make sure he's not signing up for something he shouldn't.

"She already said no."

"So, why are you asking me then? You already have your answer."

See here is where lying used to work for me... I would ask my dad something preficing it with, mom said it is ok with her, but that I should ask you if I can ... Then go to mom and do the same.. Now they both agreed to let me do something they normally wouldn't. Worked like a charm until one day dads said, "I doubt that, REG?!?" And a grounding ensued...

Anyways, since that logic tract didn't work for him he changed paths.

"But kyle has one"

"Yes, but kyle is 13, don't use kyle as a reason you should have something. It wouldn't be fair to kyle if I let you have one at 11, since he had to wait till 13."

"To think, I look up to you"

Aha, so being nice didn't work, using the brother didn't work, let's try guilt... He should be a lawyer, serously.

"Lol, so now you are going to insult me to get what you want?"

At this point he logged off and I called jenn and told her I broke tristen... She later confirmed that tristen came into her studio and asked her how long someone his size would take to starve to death. Yep, flair for the dramatic.

Jenn is making a quilt! But she refuses to make it big enough for our bed, much to my annoyance... I want one for my jersey pad so I can sleep under her love every night, but nOooooooooooo... Sigh.

No insightful sign off tonight, too tired to be creative.

1 comment:

Jenn~ said...

hahhaha....and here you were chiding you own son about guilt....hmmmm....metinks you use it too....just a little....lol...

love you...