Friday, November 14, 2008

The evils od spell vheckker


What is wrong with the world today? Why are we so bad to ourselves and eachother?

I blame the automatic door opener. Now you never have to see your neighbors... No need to converse with them, no reason to get along with them, no reason to grow as a human being. We are, in general, extremely intolerant of one another. Its amazing that any marriage works never mind about 50%.

Are we genetically programed to be a bunch of hard ass jerks who can't cut anyone slack? My dad was and is pretty intolerant of others, its somewhat of a standing joke in our house, and of course my life has been modelled after him. He characterzes it as hating stupidity and stupid people, but really he's as intolerant as I am.

I worry about how my kids will grow up, I touched upon it before, how I didn't want to corrupt them as I was corrupted and so try and keep my intollerance to a minimum, but it comes out. Jenn has taught me to thinlk differently, to not get mad at the guy who cuts me off to exit the highway, to not think someone is a bad parent because they are out at 2am with their 4 year old, for all I know their apartment building burned down and they are walking to a friend/shelter. Maybe the guy who cut you off is lost, or taking directuons from someone on the phone...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone right? If you've never cut someone off, never cut a line because you were in a hurry, then fine cuss them out and be righteous, otherwise cut them some slack and maybe when you need to be cut some slack maybe someone will.

1 comment:

Jenn~ said...

Pay it Forward baby....