Sunday, June 6, 2010

Xbox: Lost Planet 2

Alright well most people are tired of my iPad antics, too bad because I have not been doing much else for the last couple of... um... months? But I had pre-bought lost planet 2 a couple of months ago. Anyways, premise of the game is a first person over the shoulder shooter...

You are a futureistic marine on a planet that is dominated by some alien creatures (I suppose that they would consider you as the aliens) who you routinely have to kill. Somehow they are controlling the temperature of the planet, when you kill one of them the area around them freezes.... Gaia to the rescue really.

I spent 3 hours today on the "train" episode. There are no save points, no check points, you have to start the entire thing over again... there was much swearing, of this I can assure you... and as of writting this, I haven't finished the damn episode yet, working up the courage to get back at it. The game is really solid, you get to control Mech warriors, airplanes, you name it... and when your mech id almost dead, you just jump out and repair it... time consuming so if you don't have time, just rip the gun off the side and carry on...:)

No comments: