Wednesday, June 23, 2010

iPad: Can't connect to Exchange or Hotmail?

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I have been having a problem for the last two days where none of the servers that I have been successfully using for the last two months, to download my email, suddenly stopped working yesterday.

They don't work from home, through my blackberry, through the "free" wifi in my building, through the network at work... nothing works. The ONLY thing that I have done in the last couple of days was download the new iBook application..

Anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get the damn thing to work again?

1 comment:

Stefan DesRosiers said...

Turns out this is caused by my loving IT partners here at work. They closed the port that the ipad uses for accessing Hotmail, and have "cleaned" up our apple sync server so that only authorized devices can be used... ah well, so much for maximizing your productivity on your own dime.